How is modern paper made?جدید کاغذ کیسے بنایا جاتا ہے؟
Modern paper is made from wood pulp, which is a fibrous material made by mechanically grinding wood down into a fine, pulpy mass. The wood pulp is mixed with water and other chemicals to create a slurry, which is then pressed and dried to create sheets of paper.
There are several steps involved in making paper from wood pulp:
- Logs are harvested from trees and transported to a paper mill.
- The logs are debarked and cut into small chips, which are then cooked in a chemical solution to break down the fibers and remove impurities.
- The pulp is washed and screened to remove any remaining impurities, then mixed with water to create a slurry.
- The slurry is poured onto a moving mesh screen, which drains off the excess water and leaves a thin layer of fibers on the screen.
- The fibers on the screen are pressed and dried to remove even more water, creating a sheet of paper.
- The paper is rolled onto large cylinders and allowed to dry completely, then cut into the desired size and shape.