- Conference proceedings are considered as………………documents.
- Rules for dictionary catalogue were devised by :
(A) A. Pannizzi
(B) C. C. Jewet
(C) S. Lubetzky
(D) C. A. Cutter
- RSS feed is a tool of :
(A) Graphic design
(B) Web 1.0
- An appropriate source to find out descriptive information is……………. .
- Glossary is a :
(A) List of technical words with definitions
(B) List of words in a language
(C) List of thematically arranged words
(D) Alphabetical index to passages of work
- One of the following search engine is exclusively meant for scientific information :
Who among the following honoured with ‘Nobel Prize’ for his substantial contribution in
(A) S. C. Bradford
(C) Eric De Grolier
(D) Henri La Fontaine
- GUI stands for :
(A) Graphic User Interface
(B) Graphic User Interaction
(C) Graphic Utility Interface
(D) Great Union of India
- Shelf list facilitates……………. .
(B) Weeding out
(C) Stock verification
- Questionnaire is a :
(A) Research method
(B) Measurement technique
(C) Tool for data collection
(D) Data analysis technique
- “Controlled Group” is a term used in………….. .
(A) Survey research
(B) Historical research
(C) Experimental research
(D) Descriptive research
- IFLA took up the “Universal Availability of Publication” program in the year…………… .
- International Information System on Research in Documentation (ISORID) was
established by :
- What is the relationship between ISBD and cataloguing codes ?
(A) They are not related at all
(B) Cataloguing codes will include bibliographic description
(C) ISBD includes cataloguing rules
(D) ISBD can replace cataloguing rules
- Tagging in web 2.0 application is called :
- “Fair use” is a term most relevant to :
(A) Intellectual Property Right
(B) Books borrowed for home reading
(D) Use of reference books
- The oldest and the largest Library Association in the world is…………. .
- Which of the following is not covered under Intellectual Property Rights ?
(C) Trade Marks
- Ontology is…………….. .
(A) An Indexing Method
(B) Classification of Internet based documents
(C) Cataloguing of Internet based documents
(D) Documentation service
- Mozilla is……………. .
(A) An operating system
(B) Library software
(C) A web browser
(D) A search engine
- A. B. Maslow is related to
(A) Theory X and Theory Y
(B) Hierarchy of human needs
(C) 14 principles
(D) Hygienic factors.
- Information may be categorised into
(A) logical, analytical and statistical
(B) statistical, descriptive and analytical
(C) analytical, statistical and systematic
(D) systematic, analytical and descriptive.
- IIA founded in U.S.A. in 1968 stands for
(A) Integrated Industry Association
(B) Information Industry Association
(C) Integrated Illiteracy eradication Association
(D) Institute of Information Association.
- BSO in classification stands for
(A) Basic Subject of Organisation
(B) Broad Subject Ordering
(C) Bibliography of Subject Ordering
(D) Bibliographic Subject Organisation.
- The concept of Selective Dissemination of Information ( SDI ) was introduced by
(B) Luhn of IBM
(C) S. R. Ranganathan
(D) Derek Austin.
- The book ‘Library Administration’ was brought out by Ranganathan in
- ‘Fair use’ is the norm for determining the legality of
(A) producing the second edition of a book
(B) photocopying an entire book
(C) making available a book to another library on inter-library loan
(D) prescribing a book as a text book.
- The marketing concepts in Library Service include
(A) analysis, planning, implementation and control
(B) advertising, planning, analysis and control
(C) distribution, control, analysis, implementation
(D) indexing, planning, control and implementation.
- The first centre to use computer in the library and information activities in India is
- LA is the Library Association of
(B) Andhra Pradesh
(C) Great Britain
- Who is regarded as father of bibliography ?
(A) Paul Otlet
(B) Conrad Gesner
(C) J. C. Brunet
(D) A. C. Fosket.
- ISBN changed from 10 digits to 13 from
(A) January, 2007
(B) January, 2008
(C) January, 2006
(D) January, 2005
- Linux is an example of
(A) Application software
(B) System software
(C) Library software
(D) All of the above
- UNIMARC was developed under the umbrella of
(D) None of the above